Join us for a fun-filled afternoon that's all about your best bud! Don't miss our Shop Dog Day on Saturday, September 20, Noon----4PM.
To celebrate the arrival of our brand new collection of colorful, modern dog collars & leashes from makers See Scout Sleep, we've planned a day of fur-friendly activities.
The best part about our Shop Dog Day: special guest Milla Chappell of Real Happy Dogs Photography will be here with her camera to capture adorable day-of snapshots of your pup. Plus, to benefit the Animal Rescue League, we'll be raffling off a Real Happy Dogs photo session.
The Animal Rescue League will also be here with some friends----they’ll be stopping by with adoptable dogs! And we'll be serving yummy dog + human treats.
Can't wait to see you, your pup, and your friends here at The Shop!
It’s that time of year…our summer vacations and weekend getaways are quickly winding down, although we are happily looking forward to the crisp, cool air and getting organized for fall. There’s something about the memory of buying new school supplies that makes getting back to work seem much more bearable. Whether your headed back to school or just refocusing old work habits, it’s fun to refresh your workspace. So with September's approach, we’ve put together some of our favorite workspace looks to inspire your creative study spot or home office.
1. Collected Inspirations: think collections not clutter. Tack or frame your favorite snapshots and prints to the wall. Organize that stack of favorite magazines and books. Surround yourself with the things that will inspire you the most but remember to keep these things organized and meaningful. [ Source: Ollie & Seb's House ]
2. Bedroom Bookworm: if your workspace is in your bedroom, make it a view you won’t mind waking up to----just because you have to work there doesn’t mean your desk shouldn’t be as inviting as your cozy bed. Make sure your desk compliments the rest of your bedroom’s decor and leave out the predictable office furniture. [ Source: Hanna's Room ]
3. Modern Simplicity: a minimal desk and shelves with a pop of color. Putting together this look doesn’t take a lot of designer-know-how. Head to the hardware store for couple of pieces of plywood to make a desktop and while you're there, grab some paint to spruce up that old filing cabinet. [ Source: est Magazine ]
4. A Tucked-In Nook: when you don’t have lot of room to spare, carve out a little spot in an unexpected place----try the end of a hallway or an unused closet. Just add some simple shelves and a stool and you’ll be productive in no time. [ Source: Elv's On Miminalism ]
5. Just the Basics: sometimes all your need is a place to collect your thoughts and type an email. A desk can look lovely in your living room or other main space when it’s not covered in junk. Keep the accessories simple and light. [ Source: French by Design ]
Color, nature, environment-----maker Emily Sullivan's handcrafted jewelry is inspired by her travels throughout the world. These days Emily is living in Denali, Alaska, though over the past few years she has looked for inspiration traveling to Nepal, Europe, Guatemala, Peru, Canada, and during many trips across the Southwest U.S.
Emily documents her journeys through photography, bringing sights and creative moments back home to her studio. The colors and patterns found in her portfolio of snapshots inspire her jewelry making. With a strong geometric and eclectic sensibility, Emily's Eometrie jewelry collection incorporates hand-cut and forged metals like brass to create everyday, wearable art.
Join us on Saturday, May 31! We're welcoming the wonderfully warm weather and the arrival of our latest curate 1k collection.
Featuring fun, colorful prints and originals by Ohio artist Yao Cheng our newest collection of everyday art definitely makes us think summer. So we thought, let's celebrate!
We'll be serving punch and summery refreshments all day long. Yao will be here so you'll have a chance to chat with her about her work. She'll also be dishing out some tips for creating your very own watercolor painting.
Oh, and did we mention that Leona's Ice Cream Sandwiches will be here selling their locally-sourced, handmade treats? Delicious!
Beautiful, inspiring walls are possible, even on a budget. Drawing on her approach to curate1k.com, Norah Guignon has carefully selected an amazing array of pieces that will help jump start your art collection.
Ethereal and undeniably feminine, Yao’s watercolors sooth the soul. Simple and modern in composition, her breadth of work-----from florals to geometric abstracts-----offers something for everyone.
You'll only find it at The Shop! Yao's Hexagon in Turquoise 8.5"x11" Print was handpicked especially for our curate 1k collection. The dazzling mosaic of blues and greens reminds us of the translucent beauty of sea glass and a perfect seaside holiday. Don't miss you chance to collect this awesome limited edition print.
[ Shop our complete current curate 1k collection, with prints starting at $25 ]